Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Little OId Woman

There is a little old woman named Mrs. Davis who visits my job at least once a week.  She is so very precious to me :) Mrs. Davis is an artist who also writes in our towns newspaper weekly.  When Mrs. Davis visits my job, she always manages to spends numerous amounts of money whatever she can find such as hats, scarves, and anything else gaudy she can put her hands on.  When she buys all of these things, she takes them home and creates the most colorful and flashy outfits that I have ever seen.  Although I would not wear these things, she inspires me.  She inspires me because she has the confidence and self-assurance to walk out of her home everyday wearing whatever she wants and she lets no one stop her from doing so.  She may get laughed at and recieve strange looks, yet she still walks with a smile on her face comfortably.  As I am getting older, and I am becoming more and more comfortable with who I am and how I express myself through my clothing.  I dress however I feel!  Though, I am not quite where Mrs. Davis is and I imagine that that day will come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment